Picked these up at our March 28 LEAD session led by Audra Wallace, CEO YFusion.
- The subject line is critical, you have 2 seconds to catch their eye. 5-8 words maximum, 30-40 characters.
- The important content should be 'above the fold'. In emails that means they don't need to scroll down.
- Set up for click thrus to find out what content is most interesting to your reader... have the link open in a separate window.
- Use Pictures, but keep them small... use video if possible, significantly more views.
- Always have a 'sign up for our email list' button
- Keep content interesting and relevant: Downloads, hints and tips, etc.
- Be conversational, keep it simple.