Kevin Monroe discusses this regularly in our classes for Executive Directors and Board Members. A recent Board Source resource highlights six important behaviors:
- Board Chair creates a partnership with the Executive Director
- Focus on listening, not just participating
- Understand the balance between giving the Executive Director room to manage, and ensuring standards are met.
- Ask naïve questions others may shy away from
- Serve as ambassadors for the organization
- Remain energetic in learning about and helping the organization